About Me

My photo
I'm a person that has an active mind and shows an unfeigned interest in the world around me. I'm egoistical and ambitious, almost to the point of megalomania, and will stop at nothing to get what I want. Honestly I enjoy being the centre of attention. If my friend faces a problem or dilemma I will be there to offer help, and when others leave the field of battle the I makes a step forward to solve the problem with dignity. I set the high standard of actions for myself as well as for other people and are surprised when others cannot cope with a task; I'm so carried away by the process that fail to see other people's weaknesses. I can be quick-tempered and obstinate, and sometimes too outspoken, but there is usually good advice in my criticisms or suggestions. I believe my vibrant, positive attitude is irreplaceable to have around and one can always count on me to support my friends unequivocally in times of need =P

Friday, April 24, 2009

Fight against Self-hatred

I'll help you guys fighting a monster called Self-hatred. Why do I call it a monster? it's because Self-hatred creates unhappiness and suffering. This monster seems to be so powerful that we feel helpless before him.

When this monster's inside of you, you will feel like you're the master of creating misery. You'll remember all the hurts, mistakes, and failures in our past. So you seldom live up to expectations, you're never quite good enough no matter how good you get and keep making the same old mistakes.

You suffer from guilt, continually find fault with yourselves, condemn yourselves for not living up to your own or someone's expectations like your parent, friends, etc. After so many failures, mistakes and broken dreams you actually begin to give up on yourselves and on life. Some of us become depressed and accepting whatever life gives as a cruel joke that we must endure while others will angry with themselves, become angry at the world. They become hostile, taking out their own misery on others.

This monster will affect your mind. He will lead you to further mistake, poor performance and unhappiness. For example when someone attacks you, actually you can block his attack but you just give up. You have no confident. You attack yourself in a way by giving up. When you attack yourself, there's no outcome but defeat. You can't win in a battle against yourself, you only create more conflict and suffering. Hence, you become depressed.

Eventually you'll start to punish yourselves for the mistakes you make & the expectations you fail to realize. You strengthen this monster by constantly reminding yourselves of your weaknesses and mistakes.

I'll tell you a secret to stop this monster. You can stop it by experiencing your own inner strength and beauty. You can't create self esteem by constantly telling yourself that you're a wonderful person.

Self esteem and self respect grow out of the experience of committed effort. Whether or not you succeed isn't as important to your self respect as when you know that you has given your best. If you continue to make the effort, if you continue to work with your resources, you'll eventually succeed.

When you give up on yourselves and become a victim, you deny yourself the power to grow and change. You stay stuck in your own ignorance. You refuse to make any effort. Mistakes are seen as a necessary part of learning, not reasons for punishment. Without effort, personal power remains undeveloped and unused and the outcome is self-hatred

No comments: