About Me

My photo
I'm a person that has an active mind and shows an unfeigned interest in the world around me. I'm egoistical and ambitious, almost to the point of megalomania, and will stop at nothing to get what I want. Honestly I enjoy being the centre of attention. If my friend faces a problem or dilemma I will be there to offer help, and when others leave the field of battle the I makes a step forward to solve the problem with dignity. I set the high standard of actions for myself as well as for other people and are surprised when others cannot cope with a task; I'm so carried away by the process that fail to see other people's weaknesses. I can be quick-tempered and obstinate, and sometimes too outspoken, but there is usually good advice in my criticisms or suggestions. I believe my vibrant, positive attitude is irreplaceable to have around and one can always count on me to support my friends unequivocally in times of need =P

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Destiny & Fate

I have a friend called Jason(not his real name) and his father is a bad person. He like to drink, beat him for no reason, comparing his own son with others, discourage his son instead of supporting him, not to let him go to church and someday he asked his son to steal!! His dad's a criminal and one day Jason told me he feared that the same fate awaited him. Have you ever heard this 'the apple doesn't fall far from the tree?' He scared that someday he would become just like his dad and he asked me how far he would fall from the tree? then I replied that I didn't know but I did know that you're different from your dad then we had an argument he said that his dad always taught him a bad thing and to judge people while my dad always taught me to love one another and not to judge people, we're totally different. I told him,"You do not even do whatever bad stuff your dad has taught you. In fact you're in full control of your life and do something to avoid it moreover we don't have one option only, we've many!"

I remember someone told to me that believing in fate instead of carving out your destiny can leave you powerless. I guess we can overcome our fate by taking charge of our life and meeting our goals. I think we need to start thinking about freedom to make choices despite what life hands us. Belief in fate makes us feel like we're a victim of our own nature. On the other hand, destiny is about making a choice to avoid fate. If I'm not mistaken Rabbi Shmuley said,"This freedom to choose is where humanity lies."

Jason promised to himself that he didn't want to become a criminal like his dad and I believe he chose concrete actions to break the cycle and to avoid fate that said would be likely for him.

Our own actions would bring closer to our goals and I think we can leave behind the idea that fate is real

The thing always happens that you believe in and the belief in a thing makes it happen. Destiny is the product of a belief that we are always in control of our actions. What we become will be determined by what we do! So this's why we can avoid fate which is results from a belief that human beings are scripted and have no choice.

No comments: