About Me

My photo
I'm a person that has an active mind and shows an unfeigned interest in the world around me. I'm egoistical and ambitious, almost to the point of megalomania, and will stop at nothing to get what I want. Honestly I enjoy being the centre of attention. If my friend faces a problem or dilemma I will be there to offer help, and when others leave the field of battle the I makes a step forward to solve the problem with dignity. I set the high standard of actions for myself as well as for other people and are surprised when others cannot cope with a task; I'm so carried away by the process that fail to see other people's weaknesses. I can be quick-tempered and obstinate, and sometimes too outspoken, but there is usually good advice in my criticisms or suggestions. I believe my vibrant, positive attitude is irreplaceable to have around and one can always count on me to support my friends unequivocally in times of need =P

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Qualities that friends have to offer

I just read some book about friendship so I just wanna share it with you guys

Here are some qualities that friends have to offer:

1. Supportive - they are respectful and offer thoughtful advice and encouragement.

2. Committed - we can count on them to be there even when life is difficult. They stay in touch through the years.

3. Share our interests - they wish to know us and what we care about. Better yet, they share our interests and enjoy them with us.

4. Open - they are willing to explore our past, even back to childhood, and share feelings, hopes and dreams.

5. Trustworthy - we can confide in and count on them.

6. Frank - they will point out where we may be mistaken, tactfully but also honestly. Transcending simple politeness, they gently nudge us to deal with important, difficult issues.

7. Concerned - they care deeply about our well being, thoughtful of the challenges we face, work with us to resolve difficulties.

8. Helpful - they pitch in, offering ideas and helpful resources.

9. Enjoyable company - finding creative things to do, we enjoy breaking bread together.

10. Spiritual - they share our interest in attaining a higher love. If they believe, they may also pray for and with us

11. Concerned about our world - they share a desire for greater meaning and purpose - think about issues facing our communities and society - offer stimulating conversation on important social issues - encourage us to get involved, but respect our choices. They also respect our opinions when we disagree and are open to new ways of understanding.

No comments: